How to Transfer All Data from Old iPad / iPad 2 to New iPad 3!
Are you wondering about how to transfer everything from old iPad to New iPad 3 then just relax because we have brought for you a step by step comprehensive guide which will explain you everything regarding the transfer. There are two ways through which you can transfer your favorite apps, data, music files, pictures and settings from your old iPad to your brand new iPad.
The first way is to use iCloud. This is the best way to make the whole transfer process easier as all you need to have is an iCloud set up.
Just follow 3 easy steps:
- From your old original iPad or iPad 2 go to Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup
- Hit the “Back Up Now” for manual iCloud back up
- At last tap on on Finish
After finishing these 3 steps just turn on your brand new iPad and follow the mentioned steps:-
- On the “Set Up iPad” screen, tap on the “Restore from iCloud Backup” and click on “Next”
- Sign in your iCloud account and select recent backup you just made from the old iPad.
- Tap on ‘Restore’. It will transfer all the data from your old iPad to brand new iPad 3.
Needless to say that the whole transfer process consumes time which depends upon the how much data you want to transfer and of course internet speed.
After this comes a tried and tested old way to transfer your stuff from old iPad to the new one. We are talking about using iTunes for which you need a computer.
After tuning on to your old iPad follow these instructions:-
- Open iTunes and connect the old iPad to the computer.
- Select Backup by clicking right on the iPad in the iTunes sidebar.
- Let the iPad back up gets finished within iTunes.
- Disconnect the old iPad from the computer, keeps iTunes open to connect new iPad
After finishing with the Old iPad now tune on to new one and follow these steps:-
- After turning on new iPad, at the “Set Up iPad” screen tap on “Restore from iTunes Backup” then tap on “Next”
- Connect iPad to the computer and from restore menu choose Recent backup
- Click on continue to restore backup through iTunes. Don’t unplugged iPad from the PC until the backup transfer process is completed and the iPad has rebooted.
When it comes to transferring then undoubtedly restoring from iTunes is fastest than restoring from iCloud. So now you know how it is easy and quick to transfer everything from old iPad / iPad 2 to new iPad 3.
Jump to our How-to section for more tips and tricks tutorials.