How to Sync iPhone Calendar with iPad?
Syncing is the single most important thing that people with smartphones rely on these days. On iPhones, it has become a very important task because iPhone data is connected often with the system, with other iDevices and with iCloud / web.
Naturally, if you had an iPhone and an iPad – and a busy schedule noted down in your calendar – you’ll need to know how to sync iPhone calendar with iPad. There are basically many ways in which you can sync iPhone calendar with iPad – using iTunes, using iCal or using MobileMe or even wireless sycning.
Here are some ways you can do that.
Sync iPhone Calendar with iPad Using iTunes
It is quite easy this way. iTunes is almost always used to sync the iPhone with the computer, and this method would be the first one you should try.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC and iTunes should open automatically. If not, open iTunes.
- Under the Devices, select your iPhone.
- Click on the Info tab.
- Now, choose the Calendars section – and select Sync Calendars with Outlook.
- That’s it. You can either choose all calendars or select only those calendars that you want to sync.
- Click on the sync button in the lower-right corner of iTunes to sync the calendars.
The above method is universal – that is, it works on both Mac and Windows. The following method, however, works only on Macs running the iCal app.
Sync iPhone Calendar with iPad using iCal
Almost the same procedure as above, till you get to the Info Tab.
- On the Info tab, you will have another option called “Sync iCal Calendars”
- Choose this. again, you can choose whether you want to sync all calendars or just a few.
- Click on the sync button in the lower-right corner of iTunes to sync the calendars, again.
Sync iPhone Calendar with iPad wirelessly
With the iCloud on, you can even do it wirelessly and that’s very easy too. All you need to do is, on your iPhone / iPad (or both for better syncing),
- Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Under the Calendars section, choose ‘Sync One Month Back’
- Tap on ‘Fetch New Data’ and select Hourly.
This way, you should be able to keep calendars in sycn whether you access and edit from iPhone or iPad.
Sync iPhone Calendar with iPad using MobileMe
A MobileMe account costs around $ 100 a year. In view of iCloud, MobileMe looks redundant and costly, but still, if you want to know how to sync iPhone calendar with iPad using MobileMe, here’s it:
- Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts & Calendars
- Select your Mail account (the me.com account or mac.com one)
- Turn on the sync for calendars. You’ll get a prompt asking what to do with the data already on the iPhone – choose don’t merge.
- Whenever you make a change to the calendar on any device, it will be reflected automatically to other devices from now on… yeah, something exactly like iCloud.
For more tips and tricks jump to our How-to section.