How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1/5.0 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch with Ac1dSn0w Beta 1
Great news for the Jailbreaking community! Another jailbreaking is out in the market that can jailbreak iOS 5/iOS 5.0.1 tethered on OS X Snow Leopard and Lion! It’s called the Ac1dSnOw and it boasts of features like remote jailbreaking, custom firmware creation and iRecovery Remote.
Ac1dSn0w is quite similar to the Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze tools in jailbreaking. You can’t jailbreak on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S but you can definitely jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod touch.Follow these steps and find out How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0 and how To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1:
- Download Ac1dSn0w and launch it.
- Connect your supported iOS device via USB with your Mac.
- Turn it off.
- Click on Show Assistant, follow on-screen instructions to enter DFU Mode.
- Once your device is in DFU mode, simply click on Jailbreak from Ac1dSn0w and let it do its thing.
- Your iOS device will reboot after jailbreaking.
- Put it into DFU mode again. Click on Tethered Boot from Ac1dSn0w to jailbreak tethered on iOS 5 or iOS 5.0.1.
Now you have your iOS device booted in tethered jailbroken state along with Cydia installed. If you want to restart the device, follow the seventh step and you can boot into tethered jailbroken state.
Install a “SemiTether” package and jailbreak iOS 5.0 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad and iPod Touch in a semi-tethered way. You can get this package from Cydia’s BigBoss repo: http://thebigboss.org/semitether.