How to Enable 5 Panorama Mode on iPhone with iOS 5?
You would love to enable iOS 5 panorama mode on iOS 5. However, you would rather avoid it because of the effort of jailbreaking your device and it seems you can enable this hidden feature without going for hacks.
Here is how you enable iOS 5 panorama mode on iPhone:
- You make a backup of your device with iTunes
- Use a free program called iBackupBot on your Mac or PC.
- Open iBackupBot and find the backup, then load it.
- Once that’s all done, find Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist and open the file.
- When you are there, you have to insert a bit of code, Type the following code: <key>EnableFirebreak</key><string>YES</string>
- At last, save the file you just edited, right in iBackupBot, restore your iPhone with the modified backup.
Enabling this mode helps you to be able to take multiple pictures and stitch them together from left to right.
This feature wasn’t enabled in the final release of iOS 5 due to some reason. So while the users could access the panoramic mode and start taking the picture, their camera app crashed and sent them back to the home screen.