Apple’s January Event on a Major Breakthrough of Apple in Education
It seems the guess that Apple’s media event to be held in New York later this month is concerning the revolutionizing of text books is correct.Clayton Morris has reported about the media event saying:
- This event will focus on iTunes University and Apple in education.
- This event was originally scheduled for late Fall in New York but then eventually postponed.
- The event will be in New York rather than in the Silicon Valley because New York is more centrally located for textbook and publishing.
- This initiative has been in the making for years.
- The announcement will be small in size but large in scope: a big announcement in a demure space.
- The event may have at least two large project announcements as they relate to Apple in education.
- Steve Jobs was intimately involved with this project before passing away. He gave a hat tip to the textbook side of this project in the Isaacson biography.
The hat tip of Isaacson was that Steve Jobs wants to hire great textbook writers to create original digital textbooks, and make them an exclusive feature of the iPad. Going by this information, it seems that Apple is planning to bring an iPad revolution in higher education classrooms.
So one thing is clear through Clayton Morris’ report and that is the media event will not have a hardware-related announcement.